Work Zone = Slow Down
We have all done it....drove up to a construction zone and let out an exhasperated sigh. I am guilty of that myself. However, seeing that it is National Work Zone Awareness Week, I think we should take a minute to go over some ways that you can help lower some very surprising statistics.
First, The statistics:
- 48% of work zone accidents resulted in an injury or fatality
- 85% were the motorist or passanger, not the worker.
- Every 13 minutes, someone is injured in a work zone incident
- Every 10 hours, some is killed in work zone accidents
- Half of all work zone accidents occur during daylight hours.
I once again am faced with the problem of "common sense is NOT so common."